Geist Kids Academy is a faith-based premier preschool and day care located in the heart of the Geist in the Admiral’s Bay subdivision in Indianapolis, Indiana. From our front door to our classrooms, our goal is to ensure your family will feel great about your choice to entrust your child to our caring staff at Geist Kids Academy.
Geist Kids Academy operates as a ministry of Geist Chapel located in the heart of Geist in the Admirals Bay subdivision in Indianapolis, Indiana. We seek to minister to the children and families in our community through a faith-based premier preschool program for ages 6 weeks to 12 years. The environment and curriculum are designed to develop children (spiritually, emotionally, and educationally) including Scripture within the lessons to reflect our mission to glorify God in everything we do!
We want you to be able to think of Geist Kids Academy as an extension of your home. Your child will feel safe and secure in this new home away from home. You can be confident that your little one will be happy and successful as our loving teachers maintain an atmosphere in which your child feels loved, accepted, and valued as an individual.
Your children will experience the fun of learning through creativity and discovery in structured and free choice activities that allow their natural curiosities to emerge in an accepting and nurturing Christian environment.
It is our goal to make each day special for your child. As your child grows, your child will experience safe play, block building/engineering, math, science, art, sensory and discovery, early reading/writing, and many other fun activities.
All these activities will help your child develop new skills as your child discovers the joy of learning. These learning activities are chosen for your child to build specific skills at each age and stage of growth and development.
Geist Chapel is establishing and developing the Geist Kids Academy to provide a faith based premier preschool and child care. This learning facility will serve the local community and shall meet or exceed the goals and criteria relative to the prudent planning, development, marketing, equipping, management, operations and control of the Academy which are detailed below:
- To be known as a first class center of learning, delivering impeccable quality child care services for children between the ages of 6 weeks from date of birth through kindergarten, and from ages 6 through 12 to achieve best practices consistent with the child care industry.
- To develop, deliver, and maintain a well-balanced program to assist each child with their total development.
- To be operated in full compliance with the State of Indiana statues and regulations for registered programs.
- Maintain operational hours for the supervision and care of children 52 weeks per year, from Monday through Friday of each week from the hours of 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- To provide breakfast, lunch and snacks at appropriate times during the Academy hours of operation.
- To provide a loving and secure environment emphasizing Christian values that include learning and play activities, including rest time, outdoor play time, and field trips making every day special for each child.
- To provide developmental curriculum in subject areas to include as a minimum: Science, Math, Language (including pre-reading and pre-writing), Music, Art, Social Studies, Health and Safety, and Play.
- Provide activities that shall help each child to grow acquire and improve his or her developmental tasks and skills in five major areas of development applicable to the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, and spiritual areas.
- To provide child care services with properly trained staff to address key criteria applicable to each of the following age ranges:
- Infant Care (6 weeks of age or older): Use of qualified infant nursery staff and caregivers that will manage the schedules for each child individually as an extension of the home, to address feedings and naps that fit the parents schedule rather than being forced into a schedule determined by School staff. Staff and caregivers will assist infants as they begin to develop their vocabulary by constantly speaking to them, in an environment designed to provide correct levels of visual and auditory stimulation. A sleeping area shall be provided for resting and naps which shall be continually supervised to insure the wellbeing of all babies. Physical care shall be a priority so as infants develop crawling and walking skills, toys and equipment used shall be designed and readily accessible to encourage development with encouragement from School staff. Children will graduate to toddler care at or near 12 months of age.
- Toddler Care (12 months to approximately 2-1/2 years of age): Toddler teaching staff shall help each child make the transition from individual schedules to a common group schedule as they continue to develop skills and begin to explore their world. The academy’s needs-based educational curriculum shall be structured such that it is woven throughout all ages, making each child’s transition easy. While social skills are being developed, emphasis shall be placed on physical and intellectual skills by providing activities that challenge each child to learn and gain new skills since children, at this age, play alongside one another but have not yet developed the ability to play cooperatively. Physical care shall continue to be a priority, which shall include toilet training as children gain more and better control of muscles and bodily functions. Language shall be modeled through conversation and explanation by the Academy staff, assisting each child with acquisition of vocabulary.
- Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten Education (Approximately 2-1/2 to 5 years of age): This is the age when children shall learn the ABCs, colors, numbers, and hundreds of other nouns and to properly associate them with the physical world. They shall be taught in classrooms designed for learning. At younger preschool ages, children shall be provided with, and assisted to participate in activities that enable them to gain a foundation for and help them become intellectually equipped for those ABCs, etc. The curriculum shall be structured such that many objectives in the areas of auditory and visual development shall be realized over weeks and months as children grow to age 5, and begin Kindergarten. One of the main goals to achieve shall be that every child will acquire a thirst for learning as they explore their fun and exciting world. Fun music and movement shall be integrated into the day to assist each child with development of sound and visual discriminatory skills, in addition to large and small motor skills. Learning activities shall equip each child to be well rounded and prepared for kindergarten classes relative to their potential.
- To provide customer services at levels exceeding industry standards and those of its competitors whichever is greater.
- To attract, train, develop and retain, top tier directors/managers, teaching staff and care givers possible.
- To create a work environment within the academy to achieve maximum job satisfaction resulting in cheerful, productive employees.
- Ensure that the program and services delivered take the needs of each family into account by effectively communicating with parents through regular communication, including daily notes and reports creating a sense of satisfaction that their children are growing and developing properly, thus achieving a loyal customer base resulting in consistent growth through word-of-mouth marketing.